Remote Deposit FAQ
- Who is eligible to use Mobile Check Deposit?
A. Mobile Deposit is available to U$X FCU members in good standing that are enrolled in NetBranch online banking with a valid email address.
- Is there a fee to use Mobile Check Deposit?
A. No. There is not a fee for this service, however, mobile carrier fees may apply.
- What devices can I use to deposit checks?
A. Mobile deposits are available with USX FCU’s mobile app using Android smartphones and Apple devices with rear-facing cameras.
- What accounts can I deposit funds into using Mobile Check Deposit?
A. You can deposit funds into your USX FCU personal checking or savings accounts.
- How do I endorse a check for Mobile Check Deposit?
A. On the back of the check in the endorsement area, sign your name as it is listed on your USX Federal Credit Union account. Under your signature, print the words “FOR REMOTE DEPOSIT ONLY AT USX FCU followed by YOUR ACCOUNT NUMBER (i.e. 12345) If Mobile Check Deposit will not accept your check, please bring it to the USX Federal Credit Union branch nearest you to make your deposit.
- Will I have funds available immediately after depositing a check through Mobile Check Deposit?
A. USX FCU processes remote deposit checks twice a day at approximately 10:00 AM EST and 4 PM EST.Typically, funds are available after processing. Refer to the Funds Availability Policy in the Membership Booklet.
- Can I make loan payments using Mobile Deposit?
A. While you cannot apply a check deposited through a mobile device directly to a loan, you can use USX Federal Credit Union’s online or mobile banking to transfer available funds to the loan balance once the check has been posted to your checking or savings account.
- What checks are ineligible for deposit?
A. USX Federal Credit Union reviews each item deposited through Mobile Deposit and may return the check if there are issues with the deposit. Examples of ineligible checks include:
- Checks not payable to the account owner
- Torn or damaged checks
- Altered or suspect checks
- Incomplete checks
- Checks drawn on banks located outside the United States
- Checks drawn in foreign currencies
- Checks dated more than six months prior to the date of deposit
- Checks dated in the future of the date of deposit
- Items previously processed
- Checks with unreadable MICR information
- What are some tips for taking a good photo of my check?
- Before taking the picture of the check, review the check to ensure all check information is clearly visible on the check in dark ink: Amount, Payee, and Signature of the check drawer, Date, Check number, MICR line, routing, and transit numbers.
- Sign the back of the check and write, “FOR REMOTE DEPOSIT ONLY AT USX FCU followed by YOUR ACCOUNT NUMBER (i.e. 12345)” under the signature in the endorsement area. Checks deposited through Mobile Deposit will be rejected if it is not endorsed.
- Smooth out the check so that it is free of wrinkles or curved-up edges
- Place check on a dark flat surface
- Hold the phone directly over the check – this will avoid blurred areas common with photos taken at an angle
- Take the photo in a well-lit area, preferably without the use of flash
- What do I do with the check after I make the mobile deposit?
A. USX Federal Credit Union recommends that once you confirm your deposit has posted (via your Online Banking account history or monthly statement), keep the check in a secure place for 30 days from check posting date. After 30 days, it is safe to destroy the check.